What we do
We work in and with the North Kensington community to represent their needs to the Council and help them find solutions. We are Council employees but we recognise the community, its organisations and its needs are frequently changing and that we are best placed to help working within the community itself.
Our team aims to:
- Build relationships with the community through face to face contact
- Respond to existing and emerging needs and priorities
- Develop with the community solutions and new ways of doing things where needed
- Be flexible, responsive and agile
Some of the areas we work on include:
- Working with a range of existing and emerging community groups to understand their needs and priorities and how we can best address them.
- Working with Residents Associations in North Kensington to understand their needs and priorities and how we can work together to address them.
- Setting up resident-led Community Working Groups to enable community discussion on themes of common interest which residents have told us matter to them
- Undertaking a Community Asset Review to identify facilities and spaces which could be made available for community use.
- Team members are based in various locations in North Kensington, including Al-Manaar on Fridays, Rugby Portobello Trust and the Harrow Club to signpost services and gather community feedback and identify unmet needs
We know there is a lot more to do and we want to help the Community, and work with you as much as we can so please get in touch to discuss anything you would like our help with NKengagement@rbkc.gov.uk